Propeller Club of Houston, Our Mission
Now in existence for over 85 years, The Propeller Club of Houston aggressively promotes the Maritime industry through many of its programs and partnering with other similar organizations. We hope that you will be able to take part in one or more of the events we offer and experience firsthand the pride we take in supporting the maritime community.
Today, the membership comprises a cross section of the Maritime industry throughout the United States and includes Oil & Gas, PetroChemical and Marine industries. We are dedicated to the enhancement and well-being of all interests of the maritime community on a national and international basis. The club promotes private sector enterprises in ownership and operation of waterborne and intermodal transportation systems, including associated and support industries.
The organization is also committed to helping provide education and scholarships to the next generation of Maritime leaders and workers attending institutions such as Texas A&M Maritime Academy, TSU, San Jacinto College and more. Additionally, when able to, the club supports such organizations as the Houston International Seafarer’s Center and Harbor for Children through charitable donations.
- To promote and support maritime interests and commerce in the Houston Region.
- To support existing business and related services.
- To foster understanding and cooperation in the public and private sectors with regard to maritime issues.
- To support the objectives and program of The International Propeller Club of the United States.
- To maintain support of student education through scholarship funding.